domenica 22 marzo 2009

"I no longer will sit on the sidelines"

Pubblico un post tratto da
http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/obamaforamerica/gGx5XW/commentary#comment-gGL3pn
e il commento che ho inviato a Jayne.

By Christopher Hass - Mar 21st, 2009 at 11:59 pm EDT

Jayne has been an Obama supporter from the beginning. Despite never having been involved in politics before, she leaped at the chance to start the first MyBO group in Boca Raton, Florida the day Barack announced his candidacy. Nearly two years later, on the morning after the election, she wrote:

'One thing that I know - this process has changed me. I no longer will sit on the sidelines. I will stay involved. I will participate. I now know the power we have when we unite in a purpose. I feel so powerful this morning - I hadn't felt that way in a very long time. Never again will I let my power be taken away - this government is mine - it belongs to all of us. In order for that to remain true, all of us must stay involved and active.'

Today she and the group were back at it, gathering signatures in the rain. She was, as she described it, glad to be "back in the saddle - though I never left it!"

'Today it was raining like crazy but several of us still went out and managed to get 212 pledges signed - not bad considering the weather. I was heartened by the strong support President Obama still enjoys locally. We got tee shirts made up for the occasion that have the Obama emblem and "President Obama - We Pledge Our Support" on them.

... Our President told us we have to stay involved if we expect the changes we voted for to happen. The special interests will be active - we have to be twice as active as they are!
Hosts have until Tuesday night to enter the information from their signed pledges, but if you hosted an event today, please take a few minutes tonight to report your total number of pledges and the number of volunteers that participated. We'll have more coverage of today's events tomorrow . . .'

Il mio commento

Dear Jayne,
I just wannna tell you that what you're saying and doing gives a great hope even miles and miles away. I am Italian, my Country is being destroyed every day more by corruption, our government (and opposition, say our politicians and local administrators) is stealing the future of young people. I don't know if we will be so lucky to have a BO one day, but for myself I totally agree with you and I am decided:
I no longer will sit on the sidelines.
People must not be lazy nor hopeless, they must participate in THEIR gogvernment.
Thank you for making us believe in the possibility of a change,
Valeria

ps. my blog is written in italian (...) but you may know this italian blog (beppegrillo.it) which is translated in english too and is the meetup point for the italians who really want to participate and change Italy.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento